Workation Workation Workation!
A few times a year I make it a point to get away for a workation. It gives me an opportunity to have some solo strategy time to write, instigate, create, plan and be inspired to do some amazing things ! I always get a ton done, am totally productive and return from a workation completely energized and ready to take BIG steps and make BOLD moves!
In this week’s Mentor Mondays segment you are seeing me raw, without makeup and completely energized about my business and working on completing some strategic projects.
I’ll talk about the essentials of a workation which are LOCATION, INSPIRATION and DURATION!
Here is what I brought with me on my latest workation:
- Art & Copy Documentary – MUST WATCH for any creative out there.
- Truth or Dare Documentary by Madonna – She inspired me with this movie while I was younger and I still watch it over and over.
- TED – Ideas Worth Spreading – I watch at least 1 or 2 a day! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED EVERY DAY
- Comfies. I am no goddess (as you can see in the video) when I am on workation but I am super comfortable in my yoga pants, flowy shirts, and especially in my shalwar kameez.
- Caribbean Therapy Aveda Candle – For some reason this scent connects with me directly with my creative diva and grounds me in a highly positive way.
- My glasses – sounds weird doesn’t it? But I create better when I wear my glasses vs. my contacts. No idea why!
- Books. I bring all of my books and resources that help me work though any rough spots or gaps. You can find a reading list in my recommended resources here!
- iTunes U – Courses on demand, check them out!
- Khan Academy – Any university course you could ask for and FREE!
You can’t have a workation without MUSIC can you now! Here is my power workation playlist:
- Edge of Glory – Lady Gaga
- Raise Your Glass – Pink
- Hope You Dance – Lee Ann Womack
- Moves Like Jagger – Maroon 5 (this is a must, get that jagger strut going!)
- What You Want – Evanescence
- When I Grow Up – Pussycat Dolls
- River Flows In You – Yiruma (perfect for winding down a day)
Share the LOVE! Because EVERY Business Person NEEDS a Workation!
If you enjoyed this post, I’d be delighted if you would share it with others who may benefit from a fabulous WORKATION! I’ve made it super easy to paste in your status, tweet, post and more!
Take a workation to build your business. @avv tells you how! http://ow.ly/9Ix6i #mentormondays
When it is ok to work on a vacation taking a workation with @avv http://ow.ly/9Ix6i #mentormondays
How to take a productive workation. It’s all about LOCATION, INSPIRATION and DURATION! Ask @avv! http://ow.ly/9Ix6i #mentormondays
Did you enjoy this article? Do you have a blog that is read by entrepreneurs and small business owners? Feel free to share this article as a guest post on your site! Just be sure to include the entire blurb below with it!
Anastasia Valentine is an award-winning product strategist, CEO of a fabulous marketing and PR agency, speaker, published author and mother. She has over 20 years achieving amazing results in bringing ideas and products to market in the high-tech, music and retail industries.
She works directly with amazing solopreneurs, entrepreneurs, and small, medium and enterprise-class companies across the globe. Her approach combines her knowledge, skills and experience fueled with her drive, a little tenacity and a lot of moxie to launch and build businesses! Visit Anastasia at www.anastasia-valentine.com